CS:GO Betting UK
Esports betting is increasing in popularity and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most popular games to bet on. No matter if you are familiar with CS or not, esports can open up a brand new world of betting. And we are here to help! In this CS:GO betting guide, we give you an introduction to how CS:GO betting works and show you where to sign up to start betting.
Best CS:GO Betting Sites for UK Players
Check our list of the best CS:GO gambling sites at the moment and pick your favourite to sign up at!
- Nice theme and concept for UK players
- Always 10% cashback
- Fair wagering requirements
- Free spins without wagering requirements on two first deposits
- Welcome bonus for casino, live casino and sport
- Sportsbook, bingo and scratch cards in game selection
- Free bonus for new players (No deposit bonus)
- Great welcome package with up to £1,000
- Weekly promotions and competitions
- Large game selection: lots of online scratch cards
- Monster casino app for mobile play
- Lots of promotions and bonuses
- Online since 1998
- Sport, casino, live casino, poker and bingo
- Extensive selection of sports and events to bet on
- Lots of promotions and offers
- Payments can be completed at Betfred shops
- Sports betting app available
- Lots of sports, events and leagues to bet on
- Sports promotions including large play boosts offered
- Casino, live casino and scratchcards available in the casino selection
- Large welcome package given across 5 deposits
- Game selection with 850+ games and detailed game descriptions
- Pay by mobile accepted
- New casino with sportsbook
- Lots of promotions offered
- Scratch cards available
- Two welcome bonuses to choose from
- Good selection of sports and casino games
- Clear and extensive help centre
What is CS:GO?
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, CS:GO for short, is a multiplayer, first-person shooter video game. It is the fourth in the Counter-Strike series which first began in 1999. Global Offensive was released by the publisher Valve in 2012 and quickly became a hit. The game can be played on Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
In all Counter-Strike games, two opposing teams – terrorists and counter-terrorists – compete. By completing different objectives, performing well and killing enemies, players are rewarded in-game currency. While the game is played individually as a first-person character, teams are formed to work together. Teams can play together casually or compete in professional leagues and tournaments.
How is CS:GO Relevant to Sports Betting?
So what does this video game have to do with sports betting? Well, it actually hosts one of the largest esports globally!
With the introduction of esports betting, it is now possible to bet on the outcome of tournaments and competitions hosted for esports. And CS:GO specifically has one of the most popular esports scenes in the world. In fact, it has been awarded “Best eSports Game” at several Game Awards shows.
Today, Counter-Strike leagues and tournaments are hosted all over the world. Some of the tournaments are sponsored by Valve and known as Major Championships. These are the most prestigious CS tournaments with grand prize pools. The Championships were first founded in 2013 and are today played internationally with 24 teams competing in each round. For these and other competitions, bettors can place bets on who will win and more precise results – just like at a football match.
CS:GO Betting Tips
For players who do not play Counter-Strike themselves, it can seem a bit daunting at first glance. But remember that you do not have to play the actual game yourself. You just have to bet on the outcome of a competition!
If you are intrigued by esports betting and CS:GO, here are some tips to get you started:
- Start with straightforward bets. With CS:GO gambling, you often have a lot of choices of markets to bet on. It is often possible to bet on single maps, overtime, handicap and more. But as you are starting out, we recommend starting with “simpler” bets such as the winner of a match. This way, you can get used to the gameplay and learn the terms before trying more specific bets.
- Watch CS:GO tournaments live. When betting on CS:GO, you are normally betting on the outcome of a tournament or other type of competition. What is good to know is that often, you can watch these competitions in person or stream them live. Just like you would watch a football match, you can watch as the teams make their way through a map and complete various objectives. This way you will learn how the game works quicker than just by reading up on it.
- Bet responsibly: Responsible gambling is always important but it is especially worth noting when you are playing something you are not familiar with. As a beginner, it is important to research your bets before playing and to ensure that you are never gambling more money than what you can afford to lose.
While it is far from a requirement, it can be good to familiarize yourself with some of the most common CS:GO terminology before betting. This is simply because some of the betting markets offered might include terminology that is specific to the game, such as maps and skins. Therefore, we have listed some basic terms worth knowing below.
- Ace: When a player kills the full team of the enemy in one round
- Against the spread: To bet against the odds (for the underdog)
- Collateral: Two kill two or more players using a single shot/bullet
- Entry frag: When a team attempts to take over a location and gets the first kill
- Frag: Slang for kill
- Lag: A delay
- Map: The place where a single game is played. For tournaments, there are seven official maps (Active maps)
- Noob: A new player
- One-shot: Killing an enemy with a single bullet to the head
- Skins: Cosmetics that allow players to change the appearance of an in-game weapon. Some are very valuable and can be sold in the Steam market.
Find the Best CS:GO Betting Sites in the UK
In order to start betting on CS:GO events and other esports, you first have to find a sportsbook to bet at – a CS:GO betting site. Luckily we can help you with that as we have dedicated this website to share the best online casinos and sports betting sites for players in the UK. We keep up to date on new releases and review all UK sportsbooks out there to find the very best alternatives to recommend. With a dedicated team of betting enthusiasts, you can rest assured that our recommendations are worth checking out.
To conclude, we want to answer some quick Q&As related to CS:GO betting. If you have any more questions, please contact us!
Is it legal to bet on CS:GO?
Yes, as long as you are registered at a safe and UK-licensed betting site, it is 100% legal to bet on CS:GO. Esports betting works just like all other types of sports betting and is regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
Is skin gambling legal?
No, skin gambling is not legal. This is a different type of gambling where you don’t place bets from a betting site using your money and currency, but wagering skins you have earned from playing CS:GO.
What are the best CS:GO betting sites?
British players have a lot of betting sites to choose from. Esports in general and CS:GO betting specifically are being offered at an increasing number of sportsbooks – both staple names and new establishments. We list some of the best (and safest) options here at Kabono and it is up to each player to find the best alternative for their preferences in terms of bonuses, payment methods and more.
Are you ready to start betting on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive?
Check the recommended betting sites at the top of this guide and read our thorough reviews to learn more before signing up.