League of Legends Betting UK
League of Legends (LoL) is one of the most popular video games and esports in the world. Thanks to the popularity and action of the game, it quickly made its way into the esports scene. And while LoL players are competing in various leagues, tournaments and competitions, gamblers can place bets on the outcome of these events. Welcome to the world of LoL betting at League of Legends betting sites!
Best League of Legends Betting Sites for UK Players
Browse our list of the best League of Legends sites at the moment, read our reviews for more information and sign up at your preferred site to get started.
- Free spins without wagering requirements on two first deposits
- Welcome bonus for casino, live casino and sport
- Sportsbook, bingo and scratch cards in game selection
- Nice theme and concept for UK players
- Always 10% cashback
- Fair wagering requirements
- Free bonus for new players (No deposit bonus)
- Great welcome package with up to £1,000
- Weekly promotions and competitions
- Large game selection: lots of online scratch cards
- Monster casino app for mobile play
- Lots of promotions and bonuses
- Online since 1998
- Sport, casino, live casino, poker and bingo
- Extensive selection of sports and events to bet on
- Lots of promotions and offers
- Payments can be completed at Betfred shops
- Sports betting app available
- Lots of sports, events and leagues to bet on
- Sports promotions including large play boosts offered
- Casino, live casino and scratchcards available in the casino selection
- Large welcome package given across 5 deposits
- Game selection with 850+ games and detailed game descriptions
- Pay by mobile accepted
- New casino with sportsbook
- Lots of promotions offered
- Scratch cards available
- Two welcome bonuses to choose from
- Good selection of sports and casino games
- Clear and extensive help centre
- Three welcome bonuses to choose from
- Online casino and sportsbook
- Lots of weekly and random promotions
- Lots of payment methods offered
What is League of Legends?
League of Legends (LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game. The game is developed by Riot Games and was first released in 2009 – for Microsoft Windows – and in 2013 also for macOS. League is a free-to-play game with in-game purchases available.
In the game, two teams of five players battle against each other in combat. Players compete using their character – known as a champion. Controlling their champion and battling it out, each player aims to defeat the opposing team to win. There are several modes of the game with different aims, but in the main mode (Summoner’s Rift) the goal is to destroy the “Nexus” of the other team. This is a structure located within their base – similar to Ancients in Dota 2.
How to Bet on League of Legends
League of Legends is regularly cited as the largest esport in the world. And just like how you can bet on Dota 2 and CS:GO, it is possible to bet on League of Legends. This is done by betting on the results of LoL competitions such as the annual League of Legends World Championship (Worlds).
In recent years, 22 teams have competed in Worlds and there are many LoL betting markets available to place bets on. Additionally, other tournaments and leagues are hosted internationally and locally. This opens up a world of LoL betting pretty much all year round.
So how can one bet on League of Legends? First of all, you have to sign up at an LoL betting site. We’ve made this step easy by recommending the best LoL betting sites at the top of this guide. After completing the registration and making a deposit to fund your account, bets can be placed from the sportsbook. LoL betting markets normally include everything from the winner of the competition to total maps, handicaps and more.
League of Legends Bet Tips
League of Legends is a fun game that can be quite complex both for the players and bettors. But that should not discourage you to try it! You just need to start slow and ease into it.
If you are brand new to the game or esports betting in general, here are some League of Legends betting tips to get you started:
- Start with straightforward bets. There are many LoL betting markets to choose from, some more complex than others. When starting out, we recommend that you start with bets that aren’t too complicated to understand – such as the winning team of a match.
- Watch competitions live. As you are betting on real tournaments and competitions, it is of course possible to bet live just like with football matches or similar. So we recommend that you try some League of Legends live betting while actually streaming the games you are betting on. This will make it more exciting, and you’ll learn more about how the game works.
- Try to play the game. League of Legends is free to play on Windows and Mac. Therefore, it is not a bad idea to play a few rounds to see how it all works. You will get a far better understanding of the game and different bets if you have tried it for yourself.
League of Legends is a video game where you meet different characters, locations, structures and more. Both when playing and betting on LoL, you might come across some unknown terms such as Champion and Nexus. So in order to know what you are betting on and not get lost, we want to explain some of the most common League of Legends terminology.
- Champions: In-game characters. Each player has to choose one champion to control. There are more than 140 champions to choose from and they are divided into six categories (fighter, marksman, mage, assassin, tank and support).
- First blood: The first champion kill that happens in a match.
- League: Short for League of Legends.
- Map: This term is used for the games that happen in Summoner’s Rift, where “Map 1” is the first game between two teams.
- Nexus: A structure that serves as the primary objective in all game modes. Destroying the nexus of the opposing team will result in a win.
- Worlds: Short for League of Legends World Championship
Find the Best League of Legends Betting Sites in the UK
If you feel ready to start betting on LoL, you just need to find a betting site to sign up at. And we’re here to help with exactly that! At the top of this guide, you can find our current top list of the very best League of Legends betting sites for UK players. Find your preferred pick from our overview or click to read our reviews for more information.
How we Select the Best Betting Sites for eSports
We review and rate new sports betting sites and online casinos every single day. Our goal is to check what is out there to find only the very best to recommend. When testing and reviewing, we look at many different factors. This, of course, includes the selection of games, sports and bets available. In order to be a good League of Legends betting site, you have to offer LoL bets. But in addition to this, we look at other important aspects such as the payment methods offered, bonus and bonus terms, customer support availability and more. We check it all, so that you don’t have to!
In this League of Legends betting guide, we have given an introduction to the exciting world of LoL betting. We hope that you now feel more confident to start betting on League of Legends at one of our recommended sites. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will add them to the FAQs below.
Is it legal to bet on League of Legends?
Yes! As long as you are betting at a UK-licensed sports betting site, it is totally safe and legal to bet on LoL. Here at Kabono, we only list sportsbooks licensed by the UKGC.
Where can I find good League of Legends odds?
Many sportsbooks will offer the same odds, depending on the software they are using. For safe, fair and good sites with a variety of LoL odds, check our recommended sites.
What are some LoL betting markets?
In LoL betting, there are many different markets available to bet on. This includes everything from tournament winner or league winner to correct score, handicap, most kills, total kills and more.
Are you ready to start betting on League of Legends and other esports?
Check the recommended LoL betting sites at the top of this guide and sign up to start betting for real money.