Dota 2 Betting UK
The game developer Valve is behind a lot of esport favourites, including Dota 2. This multiplayer game hosts a lot of grand tournaments and competitions which it is possible to bet on. If you are interested in the virtual world of Dota or the growing world of betting on esports, keep reading as we give an introduction to Dota 2 betting and share the best Dota 2 betting sites in the UK!
Best Dota 2 Betting Sites for UK Players
Check our list of the best Dota 2 gambling sites at the moment and pick your favourite to sign up at!
- Free spins without wagering requirements on two first deposits
- Welcome bonus for casino, live casino and sport
- Sportsbook, bingo and scratch cards in game selection
- Free bonus for new players (No deposit bonus)
- Great welcome package with up to £1,000
- Weekly promotions and competitions
- Large game selection: lots of online scratch cards
- Monster casino app for mobile play
- Lots of promotions and bonuses
- Online since 1998
- Sport, casino, live casino, poker and bingo
- Extensive selection of sports and events to bet on
- Lots of promotions and offers
- Payments can be completed at Betfred shops
- Sports betting app available
- Lots of sports, events and leagues to bet on
- Sports promotions including large play boosts offered
- Casino, live casino and scratchcards available in the casino selection
- New casino with sportsbook
- Lots of promotions offered
- Scratch cards available
- Two welcome bonuses to choose from
- Good selection of sports and casino games
- Clear and extensive help centre
- Choose from three welcome bonuses
- Lots of promotions with daily casino deals
- Large game selection with exclusive games
- Three welcome bonuses to choose from
- Online casino and sportsbook
- Lots of weekly and random promotions
- Lots of payment methods offered
What is Dota 2?
Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game. It has a fantasy theme with different creatures, lands and magical details. The game is developed and published by the company Valve and can be played for free on their platform Steam.
In the game, teams of 2-5 players compete. Each player controls a character known as heroes. All heroes come with different attributes and complexities. Each team also has an “Ancient” – a structure on their base – and a team wins by destroying the other team’s Ancient. Additionally, players can collect points and items for their heroes during matches.
How is Dota 2 Relevant to Sports Betting?
Alongside other titles from Valve, including CS:GO, Dota 2 has become a very popular game in the esports scene. And in recent years, it has become very popular to bet on esports. Dota 2 is one of the games often listed at esports betting sites. This makes it possible for players to place wagers on the outcome of various Dota tournaments and competitions.
Among tournaments to bet on, Dota Pro Circuit (DPC) and The International are two of the biggest. DPC is an annual tournament organized by Valve to determine teams that get a direct invitation to the International. The International is also hosted by Valve and is the annual world championship for Dota 2. The tournament started in 2011 and has grown from 16 to 20 participating teams. For these tournaments and other Dota 2 competitions, players can place bets on who will win each round, the competition as a whole, who will win the first match etc.
Dota 2 Betting Tips
The magical world of Dota 2 is unknown to many. But luckily, you don’t have to be a seasoned Dota 2 player in order to bet on it. In fact, betting on esports works very similarly to betting on other sports like football and tennis. Nevertheless, we want to share some tips to get you started:
- Start with basic match betting. When starting out with Dota 2 betting, you don’t have to complicate things by looking at the specifics of kills, assists etc. Instead, start out by betting on who will win a match or tournament as a whole. As you learn more about how the game works, you can advance your bets.
- Research and watch the tournaments. In order to know what to bet on, it can be good to learn some things about the game, competitions and players. You can do this by reading news and tips, but it’s also a good idea to watch some tournaments. Then you will get a better idea of how everything works.
- Try playing Dota 2. Another way to learn more about the game and understand what the different bets mean is to play Dota 2 yourself. Since the game is available to play for free on Steam, it won’t cost you anything to simply try. Who knows, you might find a new hobby or become a pro yourself?
Dota 2 Terminology
If you want to try playing Dota 2 yourself, or just want to get a better idea of how everything works, you need to understand some basic terms used. These are phrases or slang words used within the game and by players to describe different actions. Some terminology to get started with includes the following:
- DotA: Defense of the Ancients, which Dota 2 is a sequel to. This is not another game but rather a mod for the game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
- Ancient: Structures found in the base of each time. The objective of the game is to destroy the Ancient of the other team.
- Hero: Heroes are an essential element of Dota 2. Each player has to select a hero that will influence their matches, collect experience points and ultimately destroy the opponents Ancient.
- Items: In-game pieces of equipment that can be purchased. Items can give heroes special abilities or bonus attributes.
Find the Best Dota 2 Betting Sites in the UK
In order to start betting on Dota 2 games, you first have to find a betting site to place the bets via. The good news is that most betting sites that offer esports betting will list Dota 2 as one of the games to bet on. But there are a lot of sites to choose from and you of course want the absolute best – and safest – option. That’s what we are here to help with!
Here at Kabono, you can find top lists of the very best online casinos and sportsbooks within different categories. We review and vet all sites thoroughly and only recommend the very best. In our top lists you can browse through a selection of safe, good and fair options. The reason why we list several options and not just one site, is that we know that everyone has different preferences. We therefore give you the option to find your favourite based on what’s most important to you – bonuses, games, payment methods or anything else. You will find all details in our reviews!
To conclude this introductory guide on Dota 2 betting, we will answer some frequently asked questions. We will keep updating this guide with the best Dota 2 betting sites and tips, so please contact us if you have any further questions.
What is Dota 2 betting?
Dota 2 is a video game that has become an esport staple. With esport tournaments and other competitions, it is possible to bet on the outcome – just as you would bet on a tennis tournament. Dota 2 betting is simply the act of placing wagers on Dota 2 games.
Is Dota 2 betting legal?
Yes, it is totally legal to bet on the results of Dota 2 tournaments and other events – as long as you do it from a legal betting site. Here at Kabono, we only recommend sites that are 100% safe and legal for British players.
What are the biggest Dota 2 tournaments?
There are many Dota 2 tournaments and competitions, but two of the biggest are Dota Pro Circuit (DPC) and The International. They are both hosted by the developer of Dota 2, Valve.
Are you ready to start betting on Dota 2 and other esports?
Check the recommended betting sites at the top of this guide and click to read our reviews for more information.