Online Lottery – A Guide to Playing Lottery Online
Lotteries have been around for hundreds of years in various forms, but only recently have they made their way online. Today you will find lots of online lotteries available on specific lottery websites or regular online casinos. The offering of lottery tickets online has not only made it easier than ever to play lottery games but has also opened up for the possibility to take part in international lottery prize pools.
Thanks to the online lottery scene, the massive lottery payouts are no longer only available in specific locations but worldwide. This means that UK players can take part in both national, European and American lotteries from the comfort of their own home. Are you ready to start playing lottery online? Then keep on reading our ultimate lottery guide!
But first, let’s have a look at some of the casinos that offer online lottery games (the article continues below).
- Choose from several welcome bonuses
- Casino games, live casino, sportsbook, bingo and more
- Low minimum deposit
- Overwhelming website with a lot of information and links
- Lots of promotions and bonuses
- Online since 1998
- Sport, casino, live casino, poker and bingo
- Extensive website that can be a bit confusing to navigate
What are Lotteries?
Let’s first briefly explain what lotteries actually are. The games come in many different variants but generally have the same gameplay: Before the lottery draw, players purchase tickets to the lottery. The tickets will have random numbers on them. Once it is time for the lottery draw, numbered balls are picked at random. Normally six balls are drawn out of 49, 59 or 90 balls.
As the numbers drawn are totally random, a lottery is always a game of luck with no strategy needed. Depending on how many of your numbers on the ticket match the numbers drawn, you will win a share of the prize pool. Put simply = the more numbers you have, the higher prize you get. And with lotteries moving online, playing is easier than ever!
Key Advantages of Online Lotteries
- Buy your tickets from your laptop or mobile device
- Choose from a broad variety of national and international lotteries
- Sign up and buy your lottery tickets in minutes
- Get exclusive bonuses for signing up to lottery sites or online casinos
- Choose from instant wins, hourly draws, or regular-scheduled draws
- Possibility to play several lotteries at once
- You can access a wide selection of lottery tickets
- You can play anywhere.
- You can play 24/7
- Complete security of tickets
How to Buy Lottery Tickets Online
Thanks to online lottery, you no longer need to buy physical tickets for a local lotto game drawn once a week. Instead, you can choose freely from the lotteries available online and get your ticket(s) within minutes.
Even if you are starting from scratch, buying lottery tickets online is as easy as one-two-three:
- Sign up to an online lottery site or online casino offering lotto games
- Complete a first deposit (and take advantage of any welcome bonus given)
- Find your preferred lottery game and buy a ticket
In all of the steps, you, of course, have a lot of options. This includes where to sign up and which numbers to play. What is great about playing online is that help is never far away if needed – thanks to the live customer support.
Playing the Lottery Online
How to play lotto online works the same as how to buy lottery tickets online; you simply do it from a website offering lottery games. You can choose to either sign up to a specific lottery or a casino offering several lottery games. To have more to choose from, we suggest the latter option.
There are many benefits to playing the lottery online. This firstly includes the fact that you don’t have to purchase and manually check any physical lottery ticket. In addition, the games available online are far more than what you’ll find at your local lottery kiosk. Online you can participate in local, national, and international lotteries. There are also both instant win and number draw games, meaning you won’t have to wait until a draw if you don’t wish to.
Checking the Lotto Results
Checking the lotto results online is very simple and requires far less effort than playing the lottery offline. How the results are drawn will depend on which type of lottery game you are playing. Two main differences are instant win games compared to number draw games.
- Instant Win: Instant win online lotteries are just what they sound like; lottery games with an instant result. Instant win lottery games include the very quick and easy online scratchcard games. In these games, you will instantly see if you have won a prize or not, without having to wait for a draw.
- Number Draw: With the online number draw lotteries, you need to wait for the actual draw to see if you have won or not. While this means you won’t be able to see your result right away, it also creates more authentic lottery gameplay. And with online lotteries, you won’t have to wait for days to see the result: Some games offer daily or even hourly draw.
If you find it exciting to watch the actual draw, you can normally do this live on the lottery website as it happens – just like watching it on your television.
Different Types of Online Lottery
When playing lottery online, you will be met with a lot more choices than in traditional, local lotteries. We have already introduced the possibility of instant wins vs timed draws (that can have frequent draws), but more specifically, there are various lotteries to try out. Here are our current top three favourites to keep an eye out for!
The National Lottery (UK)
The UK National Lottery is the main lotto operator in the UK, with the Lotto draw being the main event. This is a bi-weekly draw taking place every Wednesday and Saturday. This lottery is played with 59 balls (1-59) where players need all six numbers correct to hit the jackpot. Each draw starts at a guaranteed £1 million win.
Moving onto a transnational European lottery, EuroMillions is a grand lottery with a total of nine participating countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK. Due to the many participants from all the member countries, the jackpot of this lottery grows to massive sums. This lottery is played with the numbers from 1 to 50, where players have to choose and match both 5 main numbers and two Lucky Stars (1-11).
Mega Millions (US)
The US has many state- and nation-wide lotteries reaching large jackpot sums. One of the most popular is MegaMillions which has 46 member states. This lottery has a minimum jackpot of $40 million (£30 million). In order to win, players must match five numbers from the white balls numbering 1-69 and one out of the 26 red, bonus balls. Like the UK lottery, this draw is hosted every Wednesday and Saturday.
Where to Play Online Lottery in the UK
Thanks to online lottery sites and online casinos offering lottery games, playing lotto has never been easier. There are many websites where you can play lottery online, but it is important to ensure that the site offers legal gambling. For UK players, this includes that the site needs to be licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
Here at Kabono, we review and recommend some of the best online casinos for UK players. And luckily, several of them offer online lottery games! Check out some of our top lottery sites for UK players, which includes Fun Casino and All British Casino.